Day: 2 Session Time/Number: 10-11 Session Space: D
Notetaker: Prav T.
– bringing a buddy to a conference room is nice but you may talk to just one person instead of meeting new people
– starting a conversation is good and so is asking questions
– not being on electronics = approachable
– speaking in front of people += meeting new people (people have subjects in common)
– a note for shy people: pick one color and talk to people wearing that color
– people are really nice when you ask for help or other questions, you tend to make friends and be comfortable
– walking a far distance helps with your nervous vibes
– having a picture of yourself on your business card helps the people remember who you are and you get more contact
– adding people who hand out business cards non Facebook is creepy
– people won’t say no to ideas – SO GIVE OUT IDEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
– volunteering has pros and cons, may stop you from coming to social events (busy work hours)