Convener and Notetaker: Janet D.
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change by Stephen R. Covey
- Leadership and the One Minute Manager Updated Ed: Increasing Effectiveness Through Situational Leadership II by Ken Blanchard, Patricia Zigarmi and Drea Zigarmi
- Crucial Conversations Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, Second Edition by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan and Al Switzle
- Die Empty: Unleash Your Best Work Every Day by Todd Henry
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t by Jim Collins (2001)
- Pick three achievable goals for the first quarter. Think small.
- Invest in others (even just buying coffee) and they will reciprocate.
- Influence through the Âback doorÂ of mutually trusted third parties.
- Have coffee, tea, walking meeting => find commonalities, develop trust.
- Keep conversations about things not people.
- Use the Âparking lotÂ to defer discussion on emotional hot-buttons.
- Delegate but do not micromanage. Keep people accountable. What do you delegate? Consider person + task.
- Regular 1:1s: progress, plans, problems. Sets expectations. Save for review time.
- Okay to fail; you learn from it.