Convener: Sarah A. and Maria H.
Notetaker: Leah K.
URLÂs and other Links, Books, Organizations, Articles etc:
Open Laslo, Mozilla, Jasmine, py.test, nose, WhiteEye, Arduino, homebrew,
- Evaluating projects for participation:
- when was last commit?
- is there an active community?
- bug list, age of bugs, commentary on bugsattitude of core committersis the code understandableis there documentation (for contributors)
- does it *work* (in my environment)?
- is there someplace to get help?
- is there documentation?
Getting other people on board: do your process transparently, with bug reports, code review, and tests describe in detail what kind of help you want make tasks really small write blog posts don’t create a mailing list if you aren’t going to monitor it
Joining new Open Source Projects: contribute the newbie experience while you can – once you’ve been there a while you can’t see newbie pain anymore.write blog posts about your experience using their projectÂ – even when it doesn’t work SHAPE