Day: 3 Session Time/Number: 2 Session Space: K
Convener: Doris C.
Notetaker: Keya J.
– everybody knows what website are, but apps don’t have any URL,website name, etc.
– apps made with HTML can only start as a website but you can use a cross platform
– hybrid can support lots of things that the web doesn’t have, but now hybrid becoming more native
– even if something is only a windows app, you can use Cordova to convert it to any platform you want to use your app on
– what is apache Cordova?
-angular js is a framework because google is supporting it
– scheduling app, with storage
– every time you open a web browser it is like a user session
– you need to save everything
– never tell you how much data you can actually get
-you can actually create as many projects you want with Cordova
– all you have to do is copy your HTML code
– with Cordova you can support native features too
– it is a list of what you can configure
– use when you want offline support and accept native capabilities
– when you need a certain platform you need to use a certain device, to make app on OS you need a Mac
-it is all free!!!!!!!!!! 😀
-DreamSpark, you can ask high school AP Computer Science teacher
-can get 2015 preview version, but not full version
– comes with emulator
-need to be careful of what browser you are using to test your app because sometimes the browsers are different on the devices you are using
-choose open source, so people will provide support