Notetaker: Denise J.
Specific resources to share from session: (links, books, organizations, articles etc.)
January 30, 2016 Session #2 Convener Yazmin/Susan
Topic: Building/Rebuilding Your Network – Business and Social
1. Attend meetups to enhance both business and social networks. Google your specialty and look for a meetup group that interests you. The number of planned attendees is posted on the meetup page. This avoids you from attending a meetup with few people.
2. UC Berkeley, Stanford and your alumni are great sources for networking.
3. LinkedIn is great for business networks. Connect with second tier contacts through referrals from your first tier contacts. To network with LinkedIn connections, post useful links as Harvard Business articles. Search on specific jobs.
4. Mentorship. Betsy Burroughs – 1st of every month betsyburroughs.net 695 5th street #2, San Francisco ph: 415 350 8014
5. Alumni groups are useful. So are Codechix, Pyladies, and Glassbreakers.
6. Twitter is a great resource for networking. Connect with more people.
7. Hack-a-thons are great resources for networking.
8. Concern of going to a new group where you know no one. Most people in the groups are friendly and want to meet new people. Do not take it personally if you do not hit off with some people. Move on until you find good people.