1. “Do not acknowledge the ceiling.”
Have a strong motivation. Find a goal. Don’t make the goal about becoming a Director but rather about becoming a role model.
2. “Find your Groove.”
Sudha wrote a blog about her story as an entrepreneur. This is how she found her groove in social media – coolastory was born.
3. “Become a public speaker.”
Sudha decided she was going to be a public speaker and that people would remember her passion from each presentation.
4. “Find mentors, sponsors, allies, projects, and opportunities to lift you up.”
Those from early on in your career may not be the right to help later.
5. “Take part in highly visible, impactful projects.”
Be able to quickly differentiate between important and unimportant projects.
6. “Social” – discover what’s new?”
7. “Brag about you are doing on Twitter.”
Don’t be shy to promote your skills on Twitter or to your manager.
8. “Make a come back.”
Don’t be afraid to take risks and fall, just learn to make a fabulous comeback.
7. “Volunteer and do things for different managers and people will pull you into new projects”
8. “Friends can give you feedback about where you can improve.”
Become a better communicator, become more polished in in a certain area.
9. “Build a support structure that helps you, this keeps you honest.”
10. “What is perceived as a weakness can be turned into a strength.”
11. “Have a limitless life!”